Sunday 27 November 2016

[Magazine] Pretty. Nara


We asked Hello Venus Nara about 'pretty'. It was proper word explained by her.


Stripe shirts by NOHANT, wide pants by CALVIN KLEIN PLATINUM, white shoes by LACOSTE by PLATFORM.

It was something that I thought even before meeting you, but I am sure after seeing you in real life. You do not need other modifier, you are just a pretty woman. How many times have you listened to this word while living?
Well. I am always shy, so I still do not know how to answer it. I know what the reaction will be if I said like this, but I have never thought that I am really pretty. I am trying because I want to be pretty.

It felt refreshing for some reason or other to listen this kind of typical answer after a long time. (laugh) If you try to become pretty, what it is mainly?
I exercise almost everyday. At least five times in a week. I did it as much as I can if I have time no matter if it is 30 minutes or 2 hours. Other than than, I eat green grape candy? When I am tense, my lips dry so I always eat candy before shooting. So my expression or word will come out naturally.

When do you think you are the most prettiest?
When I feel responsibility passionately in my word. Before this, I was not like that. Still it is really good when I appear on screen, I was drunk on that feeling. But the time passes, it has been already 4, 5 years that I debut so I was worry with how to show it. I also become responsible to my works. I think I am pretty during that time. Am I cool?

Were there many changes internally compared to when you made debut?
Yes. Back then maybe I was really young, it was mentally unmanageable. In a way, I fall into thought to be seen pretty so I think I was more stressed. I also didn't talk a lot and limited myself a lot in things that I do. Now I has been freed from those thought.

I think when people start to say you are pretty is from the changing point. At the same time, unexpectedly they discover your easy-going appearance in variety program.
That's right. Before this, I thought a lot for small talking or behaviour so it was unnatural and I cannot talk about what I want to talk so there are a lot of time that I regret. Now I just do it. If it become a mistake, I will accept it and will not do it again. I became comfortable when I start to show my real appearance. But actually I also lose a lot of weight. I lose around 10 kg from when I debuted.

10 kg? You don't look like you need diet when seeing your debut appearance?
It can be because of the difference that only I know but it was to the level that I felt uncomfortable with people's attention. I thought that someone will tell my that I gain weight when they see me. I think I didn't like it by myself. So I diet.


Navy colour knitted top by SALON DE YOHN, denim pants by 2ECOND FLOOR, shoes by KEDS.

Suede shirts by NOHANT, dress worn as inner by PINBLACK.

Then how about now? Did you love yourself enough?
My standard for being pretty is know to love yourself. I think I have meet the standard.

Of course physically pretty is not everything, but you know that there is something you can do because you are pretty. What do you think can be possible?
Clothes. Haha. I can felt that the clothes that I wore is a good clothes? And it doesn't matter what clothes that I wear, I can go wear it comfortably.

Let's be a bit more greedy here, do you have other word that you want to listen except 'pretty'?
'That's good'. It was my goal that was set not long ago, but I want to hear the people that I work together to say, 'It's good to work with her because she's good'. There are many times that I work with new people, so I have desire to receive recognition from the. Recently I'm really working hard to listen to that word. I also have desire to try this and that.

What do you want to do? Among the thing that you have not done yet.
I want to be a radio DJ.  Probably you have felt it but I am not a very fun people. One of the thing that I don't have is humour. So I want to find my humour which I hidden somewhere while doing radio. Actually acting also is one of the thing that I want to do, but I have filmed for my first movie not long ago. If I can act, I want to do it with character that I always want to do.

What is your character in your movie.
It is an independent movie and the title is <A Girl's World>. One of the movie that I thought is beautiful is <Blue is the Warmest Colour>. I watch it and I wanted to do homosexual love movie, and this movie is dealing with that subject. I acted as Hanam, and she is a high school senior who loves literature. It's a story about subtle things that happens when three girls, including me, exchange emotions with each other.

As it is a totally unexpected character, we are curious of how it will be revealed.
I heard it will be released this year or next year, but I am also curious because I still cannot watch the complete part. I want to watch it quickly.

Was there any new appearance that was discovered in acting area that you challenge for the first time?
Usually my voice is high, but as I try acting, I know that low tone voice also come out. And the most important thing is I learned the experience to catch attention of public. I've always been interested in how people see me, but when I was shooting, there was a moment when I could only see the person who exchanges the dialogue with me. It was an emotion that I felt t the first time, it was very fun.

Perhaps do you have a new appearance that was discovered today?
I suppose. Today also is a concept that I haven't done so I think I will discover something, but first of all I was really happy. While monitoring, I thought that 'Was I someone that have those ambience' so it was amazing. While shooting, I keep on putting spell, "I was originally like this". Is that alright? Haha

[Nylon November edition] Pretty. Nara

0 Hello Cupids:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here :)